Boost your marketing skills in just 5 days
Whatever your role on campus, student recruitment and retention is at the forefront of Missouri State’s mission (and yours). It’s about using effective marketing strategies to reach those students where they are.
This is why the marketing and communications department offers a series of free on-campus training sessions that will explore best practices for improving your skills in writing, video, social media, design and more.
Faculty and staff are invited to MarCom Education Week, March 28-April 1 at Glass Hall.
How to register
Registration is required in My Learning Connection at my.missourisstate.edu.
- Go to your profile tab.
- Find the professional development box.
- Select My Learning Connection.
- Find this session.
You can access the details of each event on the university calendar.
Think like a journalist: the event is not the story1-2 p.m., Glass Hall 108
How to look like Missouri State9am-10am, Glass Hall 101
Make your statement on video10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., Glass Hall 101
How to go from good to great with social media1-3pm, Glass Hall 108
Make your statement with photography3:30-4:30 p.m., Glass Room 108
How to sound like Missouri State8:30-9:30 a.m., Glass Room 101
Easy website wins for student recruitment10-11 a.m., Glass Room 101
How to Become a Web Content Star11am-12pm, Glass Hall 101
Make your statement to the media10am-12pm, Glass Hall 108
Meet the presenters
- Kevin Ageecontent strategist, strategic communications office
- Natalie AllenAssistant Clinical Professor, Biomedical Sciences
- Nicki DonnelsonDeputy Director, Office of Strategic Communications
- Brian Heatonprogrammer in content management, strategy office and web development
- Chris NagleActing Director, Video Marketing Office
- Kai Raymercontent strategist, strategy office and web development
- Michelle RoseAssociate Editorial Director, Creative Services Office
- Jesse Schevestaff photographer, creative services office
- Amy SchuldtDirector, Creative Services Office
- Jessica Summersdirector, strategy office and web development
- Megan Swiftvideo production specialist, video marketing bureau
- Kevin WhiteAssistant Director-Photography, Creative Services Office
- Emilie Yeappublic relations specialist, strategic communication office