Quick Answer: Which Toner Is Better T14 Or T18?

Can you mix t18 and t14 toner?

TONER: I use a Wella T18 and Wella T14 blend.

I equally mix those two colors together with 15 volume developer.

So 3/4 oz of T18 + 3/4 oz of T14 + 1.5oz of 10 volume + 1.5oz of 20 volume = 4.5 oz of product..

Is Wella t18 Toner damaging?

Does Wella t18 damage your hair? Using it with 30 vol makes it as strong or stronger than most permanent dyes, it will definitely damage your hair! Especially as you will need keep topping it up as it fades.

Do I shampoo after toner?

Wella toner should be washed with just water, meaning it should be rinsed well, without using shampoo after you recently use it.

How long do you leave toner on orange hair?

How Do I Use Toner?Mix your toner with a developer in a 1:2 ratio.Use an applicator brush to work the mixture into your hair, focusing on the areas with unwanted undertones.Leave the toner in for up to 45 minutes, then rinse, wash with a moisturizing shampoo and deep condition.

Should I use t14 or t18?

If your hair has orange tones after bleaching it and you want to get to an ash or gray tone, your best option is Wella t14. If you have yellow tones in your hair after bleaching it and you want to have platinum or white hair, then Wella t18 is best for you.

What is the difference between Wella t14 and t18?

T14 and T18 are both part of Wella’s Color Charm range and are often recommended for toning hair silver. Each 42ml bottle contains a liquid toner that must be mixed with developer to work. … T14 is labelled “pale ash blonde” and T18 is “lightest ash blonde”. You can see that T18 is a bit bluer and darker than T14.

Does toner damage hair like bleach?

When used correctly, toner does not damage So long as your hair was healthy to begin with, it’s won’t ruin it. It’s a very helpful product for subduing those awful yellow or orange tones that can appear after bleaching your hair.

How can I tone my orange hair without toner?

Purple Shampoo This is your best bet at removing yellow and orange tones from your hair. A purple shampoo contains violet pigments that can neutralise the yellow and orange to give your hair an even colour. You need to wet your hair with hot water so that the cuticles open up.

Is t18 a toner or color?

T18 Lightest Ash Blonde: According to many reviews, this toner is better for going to nearly a white blonde than T10. This is a violet based toner, “White Lady,” that will eliminate light yellow tones from your hair.

Will t18 remove orange?

I chose T18 this time because I wanted an ash tone to get rid of the orange hues in my brassy hair. Wella T18 toner is great to use on orange hair.

Which Wella toner is best for orange hair?

The Wella T14 color charm toner works best for the pre-lightened hair that looks orange or brassy and evens it out to a more naturally dark blonde look or platinum blonde look (depending on the color of your hair before you use it).

What color cancels out brassy orange hair?

Toning the Orange Out Toning neutralizes unwanted brassy tones to reveal a cooler blonde or light brown shade. The trick is figuring out which color toner to use. If your bad bleach job has come out more yellow, you’ll need a purple toner. A purple shampoo can also help neutralize the yellow.

What color is t14 toner?

Pale Ash BlondeYou fight with yellow and gold tones, when all you’re really looking for is a beautiful light ashy silver blonde? The T14 Pale Ash Blonde Toner will give you the true cool toned blonde you’ve always wanted!

Can I tone my hair right after bleaching?

If your hair is in good condition after bleaching it, you can tone it the same day. That’s true whether you decide to use a toner or use a mixture of developer, shampoo and dye on it. Now, if after bleaching your hair, you notice that your hair is fragile or prone to breaking, it’s best to wait about 10 days.

Does Wella t18 turn your hair GREY?

T18 is intended to turn golden hair into icy greyish blonde. It’s a blue-purple colored dye, so if you add blue-purple to light orange-yellow, you get a mousy grey hue. If your hair is extra porus (damaged) you may absorb too much of the dye and go quite a bit darker than you hoped, and look darkly ashy or grey.

How does toner fix orange hair?

Process:Mix the toner and peroxide in a 1:2 ratio.Start applying the toner and developer mixture to your hair with the applicator brush.Once all of the orange bits are covered, leave the toner in your hair for not more than 45 minutes.Rinse with a toning or sulfate-free shampoo.

What toner do I use to get rid of orange brassy hair?

Dark ash blonde may cover orange brassy hair. Ashy tones have a green hue to them. You will want to use a dark ash blonde toner if your hair is a strong reddish-orange or pumpkin orange. Red and green are opposites on a color wheel, and green should cancel out unwanted red tones in your hair.

Does 20 volume developer lighten black hair?

Using a high volume developer can cause unwanted lightening and damage your hair. If you have dark hair, you should use a 30 volume developer. But if you have naturally lighter hair, you should use lower volumes, such as 10 and 20. Keep in mind that the higher the volume, the greater the damage it causes.

Why do hairdressers use toner after highlights?

Toner is most often used in conjunction with highlighting and bleaching services in the salon to ensure that the final results are perfect. Hairstylists use lightener (bleach) to lighten hair to a desired hair color level. … The toner is used to tweak the tone a little to a more desirable shade.

What does t18 toner do to brown hair?

Wella T18 toner is a product made to neutralize yellow or orange tones that end in your bleached hair. It’s practically a miracle in a bottle, which will give your hair a natural look instead of a processed look. The toner contains ammonia, which is mixed with other chemical products to create a gel consistency.